Drew Darby was born in San Angelo. He grew up here and attended San Angelo public schools, graduating from San Angelo Central High School.
Drew attended the University of Texas at Austin on a football scholarship. The first member of his family to attend and graduate from college, he finished his undergraduate studies with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, majoring in Finance with a minor in Accounting.
He then entered the University of Texas School of Law and earned a Doctor of Jurisprudence degree. Additionally, Drew graduated from the Emerging Political Leaders Program at the University of Virginia’s Darden School of Business.
Returning to his hometown after college, Drew took his degrees to the private sector. Through a lot of hard work and support from his family, he has built two successful businesses: Drew Darby and Associates, a law firm, and Surety Title Company, Inc., which has offices serving customers throughout West Texas.
Drew is a member of the Texas Farm Bureau, the National Rifle Association, the Texas Sheep and Goat Raisers' Association, and a member of the Ballinger, Big Spring Area, Eden, and San Angelo Chambers of Commerce.
He and his wife, Clarisa, celebrate twenty-seven years of marriage, and have five children and three grandchildren. The family attends First Presbyterian Church in San Angelo.
- Award-winning leadership:
- "Service and Dedication to Education Award" (Texas Retired Teachers Association)
- Oil & Natural Gas Industries Texas Legislative Champion Award - 2013
- "Best of the Legislature 2013" (Capitol Inside)
- "Best Legislator - Honorable Mention" (Texas Monthly, 2013)
- "Citizen of the Year" (San Angelo Chamber of Commerce, 2012)
- "Outstanding Legislator" (Texas Land Title Association)
- "Champion for Free Enterprise Award" (Texas Association of Business)
- "Outstanding Contribution to Law Enforcement" (Texas Police Chiefs Association)
- "Guardian of Small Business" (National Federation of Independent Business)
- "Champion for Children Award" (Texas Coalition of Homes for Children)
- "Hall of Fame" (Texas Realtors Association)
- "Best of the Legislature 2011" (Capitol Inside, Honorable Mention)
- Combined Law Enforcement Associations of Texas PAC
- Conservative Republicans of Texas
- Keep Texas Working PAC
- San Angelo Standard Times
- Texans for Lawsuit Reform PAC
- Texas Alliance for Life
- Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association PAC
- Texas Association of Business PAC
- Texas Association of Realtors PAC
- Texas Association of Manufacturers PAC
- Texas Farm Bureau - AGFUND
- Texas Hospital Association PAC
- Texas Medical Association PAC
- Texas Municipal Police Association
- Texas Parent PAC
- Texas RN/APRN PAC
- Texas Retailers Association PAC
- Texas State Teachers Association PAC
- Texas Wildlife Association PAC